Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fanboy Diminished

I've been using Macs for as long as I've been using computers, but I would hesitate to call myself an Apple fanboy. Sure, I've never had a non-Apple computer and tippity-type upon a MacBook at the moment. I also am a Pod person, and take every swipe at Microsoft that's available. (The "Surgery" pairing of the Hodg-man and the guy from the next Die Hard movie is especially delicious) But this is where the buck ends.


A couple of years ago my iPod at the time committed some sort of dignified seppuku, which upon sending to Apple was diagnosed as fine despite still not working when I recieved it back. Back in the present, after some typical memory issues with the battery of my MacBook it has chosen to stop taking any sort of charge. Since I assumed it to be similiar memory problems I let it drain completely. Now the fantastically designed MagSafe power connection that I showed off to everyone upon has allowed swift winds to rob me of whatever work I happen to have not saved.

To extend the bitterness I'm not particularly juiced by any of the Macworld announcement, I would have preferred information about Leopard or something I can afford. Even my slavish devotion fails to see the quantum leap between the iPhone and the current CrackBerry marketplace. It was more fun when we were the underdogs.

No comments: